2 ANTIQUE H. GASTINEAU DRAWN ENGRAVING PRINTS, DOVER, WETHERBY, H ROLLS, S LACEY
- Beautiful pair of vintage H. Gastineau drawn engraving prints.
- Print shown top in photos: Titled ‘WETHERBY BRIDGE’, showing lovely view of stone bridge with farming figures in the foreground. Printed ‘DRAWN BY H. GASTINEAU’ in lower left hand corner, and ‘ENGRAVED BY H. ROLLS’ in lower right hand corner. Also titled ‘LONDON PUBLISHED BY I. T. HINTON, 4 WARWICK SQUARE, 1829’ in lower central area. Please see photos.
- Print shown bottom in photos: Titled ‘St MARTIN’S PRIORY, NEAR DOVER. KENT’, showing cows at lakeside with stone priory building in background. Printed ‘Drawn by H. Gastineau’ in lower left hand corner, and ‘Engraved by S. Lacey’ in lower right hand corner. Also titled just cut off at base ‘Published 1829 by Geo Virtue, 26 Ivy Lane’ in lower central area. Please see photos.
- Both prints on thick printing paper, with the print shown top in photos also mounted in bevelled edged cream card front mount.
- Print shown top in photos measuring approximately 20.5cm tall by 25.5cm (outer mount dimensions). Print shown bottom in photos measuring approximately 12.5cm tall by 17cm.
- No frames included in this sale.
- Prints both in moderate condition, age staining and spotting throughout both pieces, and on the print shown top in photos the front card mount has discolouration around outer edges where a frame would have originally sat. – PLEASE SEE PHOTOS FOR CONDITION.
- A beautiful pair of antique H. Gastineau drawn engraving prints, which would look lovely in any home or on display.