8x VINTAGE MIXED BRITISH RAILWAYS MANUALS, HANDBOOKS, DRIVERS BOOKS, ETC.
- Collection of vintage railway manuals, driver books and handbooks on various subjects. Includes the following (Clockwise from top left in photos):
- 1. ‘The Lincolnshire Coast Light Railway’, by K.E. Hartley, light blue card covers, dated Selby 1970. Covers marked, pages inside in good condition.
- 2. ‘BRITISH RAILWAYS – General Instructions on Handling, Loading, Sheeting and Unsheeting of Traffic Dealt With at Good Stations’. Dark green covers, issued September 1965. Marked covers with staining to inner pages in top left corners.
- 3. ‘BRITISH RAILWAYS – Manchester-Sheffield-Wath Electrified Lines Working instructions 1954’. White covers, reprinted July 1978 with appendices. Hand written name on top right hand area, dirt stained card covers, inner pages still good.
- 4. ‘Cooling System Problems Associated With Trunks and Coaches’. Issued by Vauxhall Motors Ltd, September 1964. White covers, stapled down edge, but separate from main page bundle due to staple rusting. Lots of marking and scuffing to this piece.
- 5. ‘BRITISH RAILWAYS – Driver’s Manual’ – Finding Fault Data and Chartes for Class 25 Locomotives With Vacuum, E.Q. and Dual Brakes. Light green front cover, punched holes along left side and hand written name on top edge. Some light dirt, but overall good condition.
- 6. ‘BRITISH RAILWAYS EASTERN REGION – Driver’s Notes on Westinghouse Air Brake’. Yellow front cover, issued September 1967, Ilford. Very worn dirty front cover, moderate wear to inner pages.
- 7 & 8. Two copies and ‘BRITISH RAILWAYS EASTERN REGION – Preliminary Instructions for Guidance of Traincrews for Assisting Failed Locomotives & Trains. Yellow covers, issued at York, both creased vertically, and some dirt marking on all pages for both.
- A brilliant mix of vintage railwayana manuals, which would make a great addition to any collection.