BEAUTIFUL ANTIQUE 1920 ALLIED FORCES SOUVENIR OF EGYPT TEXTILE BAG
- Stunning 1920 dated textile bag with hand sewn detailing.
- Featuring Union Jack and French flag, often these flags were featured on allied forces textiles which celebrated the British Empire and Commonwealth nations during and between the two World Wars.
- Hand sewn text above the flags reading ‘forget me not’.
- Hand sewn text on second side reading ‘Souvenir of Egypt 1920’.
- Main yellow cotton material, with shaped top edge, and half lined in blue cotton material.
- Measuring approximately 21.5cm tall by 14cm wide (at widest points when laid flat).
- Piece in good condition for age, although some age staining throughout, and pulling and wearing through of fabric in places – PLEASE SEE PHOTOS FOR CONDITION.
- A beautiful antique allied forces souvenir, which would be a wonderful addition to any collection or display.