19th CENTURY ANTIQUE CHINESE FORBIDDEN STITCH EMBROIDERED SLIPPER SHOES
- Original late 19th Century Chinese slipper shoes with leather platform.
- Featuring forbidden stitch embroidery detailing, on main black velvet fabric with cotton edging material.
- With stitched hard leather bottom sole, raised slightly into platform.
- Soles measuring approximately 16cm in length and 5.5cm wide (at widest points).
- CONDITION: The fabric on these pieces has been well worn, and little is left of the soft velvet base material. There are splits in places, and the stitching has been compromised throughout. Soles still solid, but could do with stuffing to regain shape of main shoe/slipper body – PLEASE SEE PHOTOS FOR CONDITION.
- A beautiful 19th Century pair of Chinese slipper shoes, a wonderful addition to any collection or display.