ANTIQUE GARDEN SCENE EMBROIDERY ON COTTON, HAND SEWN
- Beautiful original antique embroidery, showing garden scene up path towards cottage.
- No date or signature visible.
- Numerous different stitch techniques used throughout piece.
- Sewn on unbleached cotton material creased around card frame backing, no frame or mount. This piece is not adhered to card and appears to have originally been planned for a bigger backboard as suggested by the sewn brown edging.
- Embroidery itself (when laid flat) measuring approximately 21cm square.
- Embroidery in moderate condition, age discolouration to material, could do with a bit of TLC – PLEASE SEE PHOTOS FOR CONDITION.
- A beautiful antique embroidery, which would look lovely in any home or on display.