ORIGINAL ANTIQUE VICTORIAN WOOLWORK EMBROIDERY, 1846, HAND WRITTEN NOTE ON BACK
- Beautiful original antique embroidery, showing young boy with bucket and spade with text below reading ‘FOR THE SEA’.
- No sewn signature or date visible, but the original backboard (included in the sale but loose from embroidery itself) has hand written note on verso reading,’ Victorian Woolwork by anne newland in 1846 aged 12.’
- Sewn using thick wool thread on cross shaped back material, which is then taped to the back of a brown card front mount.
- No frame included in this sale.
- Measuring approximately 28.5cm tall by 23.5cm wide (mount outer edge dimensions)
- Embroidery in moderate condition, staining and dirt in places. Could do with re-stretching. PLEASE SEE PHOTOS FOR CONDITION.
- A beautiful antique original embroidery, which would look stunning in any home or on display.