PAIR OF VINTAGE LEWIS CARROLL ALICE IN WONDERLAND & LOOKING GLASS BOOKS
- Pair of vintage Lewis Carroll books, ‘Alice in Wonderland’, and ‘Through the Looking Glass’.
- ‘Alice in Wonderland’ this impression dated 1973, published by Bancroft Books. Printed in Germany. Hardcover, with no dust jacket.
- ‘Through the Looking Glass’ published by Puffin Story Books in 1948, printed by Penguin Books. Featuring illustrations by John Tenniel and edited by Eleanor Graham. Pencil note on inner of cover reading ‘W.E. MONTAGUE, 09 CHANDOS GARDENS LEEDS S.8.’ Soft cover, no dust jacket, reverse print of front illustration shown on back.
- CONDITION: Condition for Alice in Wonderland book is moderate – cover is quite scuffed and marked, and pages within loose from spine in a block (can be seen in photos). Condition for Through the Looking Glass – Cover and spine scuffed and marked, pages yellowed with age but in good condition – PLEASE SEE PHOTOS FOR CONDITION.
- A lovely vintage pair of Lewis Carroll books, great additions to any collection.