SIGNED ANTIQUE 19TH CENTURY MINIATURE PORTRAIT PAINTING IN ORIGINAL WOODEN FRAME
- Beautiful antique 19th Century original miniature portrait painting in black frame.
- Shows female figure with white wig in hate and lace frilled traditional dress.
- Signed in middle left area, although this is very small and hard to decipher – please see photos.
- Framed in black wooden 19th century frame, could be ebonised wood, although I’m unsure about this. The back of the frame has been torn and shows the fixing inside.
- The front of the frame has no glass, but is edged with gilt metal detailing and shaping around aperture. Ornate metal hook on back at top for wall hanging
- Frame measuring approximately 11.5cm tall by 10cm wide (outer dimensions). Oval aperture showing painting measuring approximately 4cm tall by 3cm wide (inner dimensions).
- Painting is in excellent condition. Wooden frame has scuffs and knocks in places (mostly on the top corners), but is also in very good condition for it’s age – PLEASE SEE PHOTOS FOR CONDITION.
- A beautiful original miniature 19th Century painting, very collectable, and would look stunning in any home or on display.