STUNNING MOUNTED ANTIQUE FRENCH EMBROIDERY GREETINGS POSTCARDS
- Beautiful pair of mounted antique French embroidered postcards.
- Piece shown to the left reading ‘FOND BIRTHDAY GREETINGS’, with a white cut inner mount, and large red floral detailing. On delicate transparent backing material.
- Piece shown to the right reading ‘Fondest Love’, on similar delicate transparent backing material, showing purple flowers withh foliage and pink ribbon bow.
- On verso both pieces reading ‘POSTCARD’, with ‘Fondest Love’ piece also title ‘CARTE POSTALE’ (printed in Paris). Both pieces have pencil writing on verso.
- Mounted in brown thick bevelled edge front card mount, measuring approximately 17cm tall by 36cm wide (outer mount edge dimensions).
- No frame or backboard included in this sale.
- Embroideries both in good condition, although some age staining visible throughout both, and ‘Fondest Love’ piece has small hole around ‘d’ area – Please see photos. Front card mount has surface cut score mark across top right hand area – PLEASE SEE PHOTOS FOR CONDITION.
- A stunningly beautiful pair of antique French embroidery cards, which would look great in any home or on display.