STUNNING MOUNTED ANTIQUE FRENCH EMBROIDERY GREETINGS POSTCARDS
- Beautiful pair of mounted antique French embroidered postcards.
- Piece shown to the left reading ‘GOD BLESS YOU’, surrounded by pink and purple flowers and foliage. Delicate transparent backing material, and it appears there is a white ‘Seasons Greetings’ smaller card behind this (please see photos).
- Piece shown to the right reading ‘A Kiss From France’, on similar delicate transparent backing material, showing boat towards shoreline with church.
- On verso both pieces reading ‘CARTE POSTALE – POSTCARD’, both printed in Paris. The ‘GOD BLESS YOU’ piece has some pencil text on verso.
- Mounted in brown thick bevelled edge front card mount, measuring approximately 16.5cm tall by 35.5cm wide (outer mount edge dimensions).
- No frame or backboard included in this sale.
- Embroideries both in good condition, although some age staining visible throughout both – Please see photos. Front card mount has some light marking and small surface tear near right hand postcard (hard to see though) – PLEASE SEE PHOTOS FOR CONDITION.
- A stunningly beautiful pair of antique French embroidery cards, which would look great in any home or on display.