VINTAGE 1960’S BRITISH RAILWAYS DRIVING INSTRUCTION WALLET & VARIOUS BOOKLETS
- Vintage 1960’s issued British Railways ‘DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS FOR DIESEL LOCOMOTIVES AND DIESEL TRAINS’ blue driver’s ring-binder wallet.
- Wallet would have been kept by train driver, and includes various individual booklets that were issued at various dates.
- Booklets already in the wallet include Nov 1960 ‘MISCELLANEOUS INSTRUCTIONS’, Feb 1962 ‘B.R. STANDARD 204 H.P. DIESEL MECHANICAL SHUNTING LOCOMOTIVES’, April 1961 ‘STANDARD PREPARATION AND DISPOSAL DUTIES FOR 350 H. P. DIESEL ELECTRIC SHUNTING LOCOMOTIVES’, and a final one entitled ‘ENGLISH ELECTRIC’.
- Also included with the wallet and those booklets are three more which would have been issued for the wallet, but are in this case stapled together – 2x Copies of June 1963 ‘E.E. CO. LTD. TYPE 3 1750 H.P. DIESEL ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVES’, and April 1967 ‘E.E. CO. LTD. TYPE 3 1750 H.P. DIESEL ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVES DRIVING INSTRUCTIONS’.
- Wallet measuring approximately 20.5cm tall by 13cm wide. Inner booklets measuring approximately 18cm tall by 11.5cm wide.
- CONDITION: Wallet condition is moderate, quite dirty on front covers due to use, could do with a good clean. Last booklet inside is torn around top ring-binder holes. Three other booklets are in good condition – PLEASE SEE PHOTOS FOR CONDITION.
- A brilliant vintage engine driver’s handbook, which would make a great addition to any collection.